Friday, November 28, 2008

Re: Ajax ObserField "Form is not defined"

Not sure if it was this or something else ... but I had a nested form
by accident, which is not valid, clearing this up helped things.

On Nov 4, 8:49 pm, Brenton B <brenton.bar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I'm running into something similar with 1.2 and AJAX
> submit ... however, could potentially be a compatibility issue with
> Prototype.
>
> On Sep 16, 4:51 am, AussieFreelancer <patr...@aussiefreelancer.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> > anyone, anyone... does observeField actually work in 1.1? I have it
> > working in 1.2 ok, but this project uses 1.1
>
> > On Aug 5, 4:37 pm, AussieFreelancer <patr...@aussiefreelancer.com.au>
> > wrote:
>
> > > Hi all, I am trying to get a chained select working using the code
> > > found here: (5th post)
>
> > >http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php/browse_thread/thread/b9eb6c15...
>
> > > However when I run it, it doesn't work, and the error console tells me
> > > that "Form is not defined". From looking at the source code, I can see
> > > that the observeField has added the following code:
>
> > > <script type="text/javascript">new
> > > Form.Element.Observer('JobsCompanyId', 1, function(element, value)
> > > {new Ajax.Updater('jobs_select_sites','/sites/ajax_sites/',
> > > {asynchronous:true, evalScripts:true,
> > > parameters:Form.Element.serialize('JobsCompanyId'), requestHeaders:['X-
> > > Update', 'jobs_select_sites']})})</script>
>
> > > So I can see where the Form bit comes from, but am unsure as to why it
> > > is undefined. I have added theprototypeand scriptaculous libs to /
> > > app/webroot/js and included them in the page head.
>
> > > I am using 1.1 for this project, and would love to have this working,
> > > as this is just the start of the chained select development (I have 3
> > > multiple select boxes)
>
> > > Any help someone can offer would be hugely appreciated.
>
> > > Thanks
>
> > > Patrick
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: