Sunday, November 30, 2008

Invite Application... need some design help..!

Hey all -- new here, new to CakePHP, but loving it so far. I need some
design suggestions.

I'm writing an application that involves inviting people to a page.

The invites will go out to registered users of the application
("Friends" of the Invitation Owner) and to non-registered users via
email address submission.

How can I organize invitees associated with any given invitation in my
MySQL database since some will be registered ("Users" model), and some
un-registered (list of email addresses)...? Should I use separate
tables or models for registered invitees and un-registered invitees?

Right now, I've got a working Users model and have a self-referenced
HABTM association for "Friend" lists, that uses a little join table to
link Users with their Friends' user_id's.

In other words, I'm having trouble designing how my Invite model and
database should look like so that registered Users and un-registered
Users (that the app will only have email addresses for) are linked
together for any given Invite.

Thanks!

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: