Friday, November 28, 2008

Log last login using Auth component

I'm looking for some advice on how I might go about capturing the date/
time a user last successfully logged in. I'm using the Auth component
and authentication is working perfectly. I'm trying to extend the
functionality by updating a field called 'last_login' in the user
table. I have attemped to use the AfterFilter function in the users
controller to intercept successful logins and update the last_login
field, but it seems that the AflterFilter function is not even being
called. I think it has something to do with the AuthComponent not
properly returning to the users controller before it redirects to the
requested page.

Anyway... maybe I'm missing something... or maybe there is a different
way to do it. I'm looking for any suggestions.

Thanks.

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: