Sunday, November 30, 2008

Re: Self contained css in Cake's default app

I'm no expert, but I generally tend to create a one page/style sheet
in something like Dreamweaver. I'll try to cover as many of the block
level elements I'll need so I can have as simple of mark up in my
views. Then I just plop the CSS in and am off to the bakery.

On Nov 29, 7:46 pm, "Federico Rinaldi" <federicorina...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> The idea is to bring the legacy app, to cake. I know there are some choices
> but I think the cleanest it's to self contain cake classes. If just do not
> use generic css in the app I will have to RE create all the classes for the
> cake views again (not so much DRY I think, as generic should already have
> those).
>
> FedeX
>
> On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 12:21 AM, mark_story <mark.st...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Could just not use the generic css on an already started app?
>
> > -Mark
>
> > On Nov 29, 2:52 pm, "Federico Rinaldi" <federicorina...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi guys, I just wanted to ask what do you think about the css that comes
> > by
> > > default in a cake's application. As far as I can tell it is very helpfull
> > as
> > > it provides you a way to rapidly change the layout of your app but some
> > > times it's a real pain as it chages the base style for almost every html
> > > entity.
> > > I think that with new apps that's not an issue but if you have to merge
> > it
> > > with some kind of legacy code then you will have to override each and
> > every
> > > one of those entities styles.
>
> > > So my proposal is that the cake.generic.css contains all of the styles
> > self
> > > contained (ie in classes or pointing to specific element's ids).
>
> > > What do you think of that?
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: