Saturday, November 29, 2008

Re: CakePHP and Extjs

Great to hear that others have helpers for ext too! If you are not going to release the code may be you can give me some hints to improve mine!

About the MVC stuff, why you say it would be easier to App:Import the model in the helper if you are going to put the same logic as I did in the component right?, I mean it's just a matter of where putting the code.. or doing an App::Import gives you some advantage? If that's the case I'm open to some changes! I can tell so far some advantages that I see from taking the code inside the component:

  • It doesn't breaks the MVC Pattern
  • You can have access to the current model clase without complications (you don't have to specify witch model to import)
  • It's consistent with cake's own design as it "similar" as the scaffolding implementation.
FedeX

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 4:22 AM, rtconner <rtconner@gmail.com> wrote:

I have my own Ext helper. I'm not sure if I'll release it or not, but
I've found it best just to spit out the code needed to generate the
given Ext component, and not worry about onReady, etc..

Also, your implementation depends on passing in the modelFields, which
is probably the MVC way to go. I mean we can all debate this if we
want, but I found it much easier to do an App::Import on the model
within the helper and get the fields within the helper. Sure it breaks
the rules of MVC a bit, but whatever, MVC is meant to make life easier
and in this case it fails to do that.



--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: