Friday, November 28, 2008

Re: cake tmp files and subversion

Thanks Adam. I was able to confirm on the TortoiseSVN group that
global ignores will not work as I wanted them to. (though the manual
would lead u to believe otherwise) So I just used \tmp* to ignore the
tmp directory all together and then put a short script inside
bootstrap to make sure the tmp dirs are all present.

> Then in my deploy script I hose away the tmp directory completely and
> the "svn up" command restores the folder structure.
>

Just out of curiosity: do u use a framework for your deployment, a php
script, or perhaps a bat file?


On Nov 28, 4:35 pm, Adam Royle <a...@sleekgeek.com.au> wrote:
> Maybe not the best solution... but I set svn:ignore * on all folders
> within the tmp dir, except for folders.
>
> So I right-click on tmp, set ignore * recursively, then remove the
> same prob but non-recursively. Then I remove the ignore prop non-
> recursively from the cache folder.
>
> Then in my deploy script I hose away the tmp directory completely and
> the "svn up" command restores the folder structure.
>
> Cheers,
> Adam
>
> On Nov 29, 7:37 am, "php.baker" <php.ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > This post really belongs on the subversion group, but I can't seem to
> > get any useful answers there (though not for a lack of trying).
>
> > For any of you who use Subversion (specifically TortoiseSVN on
> > windows) with your cake apps. Can u tell me how to prevent tmp files
> > (app/tmp/*) from being put into the repository while still preserving
> > the tmp directory structure?
>
> > I have tried setting the global ignore pattern to all of the following
> > without success:
> > *\tmp\*
> > *tmp\*
> > tmp\*
> > */tmp/cache/models *tmp/cache/persistent *tmp/cache/views/* *tmp/logs*
> > *tmp/sessions *tmp/tests*
> > \cache\models* \cache\persistent* \cache\views* \logs* \sessions*
> > \tests* empty
> > None of those patterns have any affect on my tmp files. (Yes I tried
> > backslashes and forward slashes)
>
> > The only pattern that works is \tmp*, but that excludes the tmp
> > directory altogether, so I have to create the tmp folders after I do
> > the initial import.
>
> > Near as I can tell.... this is what the global ignore pattern if for,
> > but i just cant get it to work correctly.
>
> > Thank you
>
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: