Saturday, November 29, 2008

total newbie - Config question

Hello all,

Just started learning CakePHP and am excited at the possibilities, but
have hit my first snag.

This is my first post and have read the documentation, but cannot find
the solution to my problem.

I uploaded the full cake package to my server into the root directory
which is public_html. I'm using Hostgator which has php 5 and
mod_rewrite activated.

I can only get the home page to show up when I set ReWriteEngine to
"off". If it is on, I get 404 not found.

Also, I don't know if this is a problem, but I don't have an active
domain pointed to it. So I access the root directory by
www.mainserverexample.com/~cake

Thanks in advance for your help,

Scott

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: