Sunday, November 30, 2008

Re: total newbie - Config question

Do you have your domain home directory/doc root pointed to /possible
sub dir/app/webroot/?

On Nov 29, 7:49 pm, scott <scottpowe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Just started learning CakePHP and am excited at the possibilities, but
> have hit my first snag.
>
> This is my first post and have read the documentation, but cannot find
> the solution to my problem.
>
> I uploaded the full cake package to my server into the root directory
> which is public_html. I'm using Hostgator which has php 5 and
> mod_rewrite activated.
>
> I can only get the home page to show up when I set ReWriteEngine  to
> "off". If it is on, I get 404 not found.
>
> Also, I don't know if this is a problem, but I don't have an active
> domain pointed to it. So I access the root directory bywww.mainserverexample.com/~cake
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,
>
> Scott
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: