Friday, November 28, 2008

Re: problem with validation

I changed
if($this->Product->ProductVariant->Cart->save($this->data,true))
to
if($this->Product->ProductVariant->Cart->save($this->data
['Product'],true))

and validation seems to be working but I don't get a message next to a
quantity input field like I do elsewhere when validating form fields?!

thanks


On Nov 28, 7:40 pm, luigi7up <luigi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have following models:
>
> Product, ProductVariant, Cart
>
> Product (hasMany ProductVariants )
> ProductVariants (belongsTo Product & Cart)
> Cart (hasMany ProductVariants)
>
> In my Product View action I have following form to add products to
> Cart table with session_id as identifier of whoes products are in
> cart:
>
>     $form->create('Product',array
> ('action'=>'addToCart','id'=>'add','class'=>'form'));
>         echo $form->input('quantity');
>         echo $form->submit();
>         echo $form->end();
>
> There is also a Drop down menu in this form to choose a product
> variant id (SEX and SIZE) but for sake of simplicity I'm gonna leave
> it out.
>
> Now, first I had my "addToCart" action defined in cart_controloler but
> then I moved it to Products::addToCart.
>
> I want to validate my field quantity that it is a numeric value and if
> it's not I want error next to that input field.
>
> My Products::addToCart action looks like this:
>
> if($this->Product->ProductVariant->Cart->save($this->data,true))
>                         {
>                                 $this->Session->setFlash(__('Added to cart', true));
>                         }
>                         else
>                         {
>                                 $this->Session->setFlash(__('Problem!', true));
>                         }
> $this->redirect(array('action'=>'view','id'=>$this->data['Product']
> ['product_id']));
>
> No matter where I define my $validate variable (Cart or Product) my
> validation doesn't throw an error ?!?
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: